Sunday, June 9, 2013

Colors of the Rainbow TAG! =)


Hi everyone!

This is my first tag ever, and I really enjoyed doing it because I feel like it's not the traditional "boring" tag, it's actually quite fun! The rules are easy - find products that have the colors of the rainbow in them. Like something that has red on it (or is red), something that's green...  I've seen people doing it not only with beauty products, you can choose clothes, accessories or whatever as well =)
Finding the products was the most fun and also a bit difficult. I, of course, wanted to choose products that I like and here you can watch what I picked! =)

I tag YOU! =)
Write me a comment down below what products you would choose that represent the colors of the rainbow and why =)

RED
ORANGE
YELLOW
GREEN
BLUE
INDIGO
VIOLET
PINK
MULTICOLORED







RED
For RED I decided to pick two products because both of them are ones that I really love and I had to mention them both =)
The first one is Maybelline One by One Voulm' Express mascara in Satin Black. I have a separate video about this mascara, I did a little Review & Preview, click here to check that out =) Just to quickly sum it up, I always use this mascara as a light first coat. It help my lashes get nice and curled, even without an eyelash curler, and doesn't overpower them with product so I can apply my second coat of another mascara just sooo beautifully.

The second product that I chose for the color red is Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Romantic. I love this lipstain. It doesn't get yucky, or ugly after a few hours or coats, it's just .. Awesome. I'm thinking about doing a separate review on it because I think it's the perfect way to get red lip for a great price. If you're a red lip lover, this is what you need! =) Even after reapplying it, it doesn't get all weird like most lipstains do, it looks like you JUST applied it for the very first time. Loving this product!!


ORANGE
Another lip product, a current fav of mine. It's the Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude. As I mention in the video, I never really understood that orange hype that started I guess around a year ago or so. Orange blush. Orange lip sticks ... I just didn't like it, also, I think it takes some hard work to find a shade that goes well with a paler skintone. But I found it! I love this lipstick. But it's funny to even call it a lipstick because it doesn't feel like it at all. It's super moisturizing, and the color intensity it up to you. I prefer to apply a bit of lip balm beforehand and then one layer of Orange Attitude for a more subtle hint of orange. Yes, it does wear off quickly, and I've only user it a couple of times and I already see some product gone so I see myself using this one up, because it is just soo moisturizing that you want to reapply it all the time.


YELLOW
For yellow, I chose a mascara, yes mascara again :D. It's Miss Sporty Studio Lash 3D Volumythic mascara. I used to use this one all the time few months back. I love the wand, it's the rubber wand that my lashes like so much. This mascara gives sort of a lot of product so I liked to use it as my last coat, usually when I did a party look or something like that, where I needed thicker and blacker lashes. I also love to use it when I use false eyelashes because it is so black and hides my natural ones perfectly under the fake ones.


GREEN
Once again, I had to choose two products for green. The first one is an eyeliner by Maybelline (gosh, I feel like I have a lot of Maybelline products here! :D) called Line Definer in Black Onyx. This is the perfect eyeliner for black eyebrows. I always make a small "sketch" with black eyeliner because I find black eyeshadow not black enough for eyebrows. Eyeliner helps the eyeshadow to be blacker and have something to stick to. It also gives it longer life and intensity, which is always a big YES. This eyeliner is probably the thinnest one I've ever seen. I love it. I feel like all the other ones are too thick for brows because I like to do thin brows sometimes and this just gives me exactly what I need <3. It's also very cheap so if you need a good thin eyeliner to draw on your brows, go and get it! =)


I didn't even realize then I filmed the video that both of my green products are eyebrow products. This is an eyeshadow (Alverde - Dark Aubergine) that I currently use for my every day eyebrows. I love it, I love the awesome color. Colorful eyebrows are just the prefect way how to spice up your makeup. Everyone says you should match your eyebrows with your hair (yea, two shades darker/lighter) so what to do with red hair? You pick something reddish :D I can't really describe this color, it's a purple but not really..? :D I feel like it matches my hair perfectly and I can't even remember the last time I had brown brows. I love using this eyeshadow so much!


BLUE
For blue, I picked Nivea's Sun Baby Sun Lotion SPF 50+. It's the one I'm currently using. I'm also a huge Daylong lover but I I'm currently out of that one so I have this one at the moment =) It's a little bit more special that it seems because I bought on a holiday when I was visiting Wales in summer 2012. I'm a big sun screen user, I use SPF on my skin all year around, and I use SPF 50 almost 6 months of the year. It usually gets very hot and sunny where I live at the end of April and I'm still skeptical to use lower SPF in October :D even though it gets colder and less sunny. Luckily, this year spring came a month later, which for me was a total YAY and not only because I didn't have to use SPF 50 yet :D In the summer, I never leave a building without knowing that all my body parts showing skin aren't covered with SPF 50. I'm a bit of a freak about it but I think my skin is going to thank me in a few years. Well, I could talk about sun screens and the importance of them for hours, so .. I'll stop now :D

INDIGO
First of all: What is Indigo?????? :D Is Urban Decay Vice Palette's packaging indigo? Let's pretend it is :D I really love this palette and even though it's a little expensive, it's really worth it. We don't have Urban Decay where I live so I was very pleased to finally touch and work an UD eyeshadow. All the colors are BEAUTIFUL, super super buttery and creamy, just.... Ah.. You know what I mean, if you have this palette! =) I already filmed one tutorial using mostly the colors from the palette, it's the one on the pic above. Click HERE to watch it =)

PURPLE
I thought purple would be the easiest but it wasn't. I love purple and I have a lot of purple eyeshadows in my collection. But I decided to go with one of my top fav makeup removers. I mentioned it in an article here on my blog, >>click<< to read it. I just love the way this feels on my skin, it removes everything and takes care of my skin in one. Nothing more to say about this <3 =)


PINK
Pink was a little hard for me too. I don't have a lot of pink makeup things, I have some eyeshadows that came in a palette or a blush that came in a blush palette but that's about it. Then I realized that one of my new eyebrow razors is pink. They come in a pack of three. I use to to shave my eyebrows. I'm scared to use a big, normal razor because I'm afraid I'll cut myself easier than with a small razor like this one. I've been shaving my eyebrows only for 6 months, and I only used this "technique", if you have any other tips and tricks, please let me know! =)


MULTICOLORED
The last item is supposed to be something multicolored. I chose something that is not only multicolored, but reminds of a rainbow just perfectly. It's the 120 palette. I love this palette to death, you can create almost anything with it. It has all the colors. Even neons and rare mattes - white, red, mint, neon pink, neon green, neon orange ... And sooooo much more. You'll never fail when you decided to use this palette to create a look. You can even create something subtle or something extreme. It's so versatile and I never get tired of it. I use it all the time, and you have seen this palette in lots of my tutorials =) You can also get it for pretty cheap but that doesn't mean that the quality and pigmentation are on the low side! =)


Aaalright, so this were the products that I picked for my Colors of the Rainbow tag =) I really enjoyed going this!

Please let me know in the comments what products would YOU pick! =)

Thank you so much for reading and watching, stay tuned for a makeup tutorial I'm going to upload in a few days! =)
Lena

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lena! I really wanted to thank you for mentioning this Alverde eyeshadow ♥ I bought it on a discount for 1,79 also with another shade (Midnight Blue - matte, something between grey and blue -> just amazing). I think you might like this one as well :)

    At first, I didn't intend to use this Dark Aubergine on my eyebrows. I just thought it was a really nice colour and the price was great, so I bought it. My hair isn't exactly red. I have been using henna for many years, so it's more auburn/brown and looks a bit orange when the sun shines through.

    As I was trying the eyeshadow out I realised it looked quite brown, so I decided to put it on my brows just for fun and, to my surprise, it looked very, very good!

    I'm so happy I can wear something different on my eyebrows. I wanted to try something red for a very long time, but I just couldn't find the right shade. It doesn't look as bright on myself as it does on you. It is way more brown. Unlike you, I have my own eyebrows so when they "mix" with this eyeshadow it looks just like my hair, yes!

    I'm also thinking about trying out ELF's baked eyeshadow in Burnt Plum. This blogger http://themoonmaiden-blix.blogspot.sk/ uses it for her eyebrows and I really like it. The only thing I'm concerned about is that it isn't matte, but it looks good on her, so why not give it a try. I might mix it wit another eyeshadow, to make it more subtle... :)

    Well, this was long. Thanks for reading my story lol :)

    Ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Ida, I'm so glad that you discovered this amazing product as well! =) It's cheap, it's pigmented, it is an amazing color = it's perfect! I got it on discount too, and I've seen that blue/gray one before, but I told myself to control my temptation :D But I might buy it later :D
      My hair is actually not exactly red anymore =) The last but one time I dyed it I used a deep plum hair dye, and last time I mixed red with that deep plum and that gives me like a darker red color with a plum tone to it (for the first few weeks), depending on the light, but it fades into more of a red color, but I needed darker brows, because if you remember I used to use a brighter color when I dyed my hair just red. (also I was running out of that eyeshadow, it's the one from the 88 palette, remember, you asked me about it a long time ago =) ) When I saw the alverde one, I knew it was going to be a perfect match. And I'm sure it looks awesome on you, colorful brows are just ... ah =) Such an awesome way to spice up your makeup.
      Oh, and I checked out that link, that blog, and her brows totally match her hair! It's awesome =) I guess if you still have your own brows, a little bit of shimmer isn't that big of a problem. It can get "lost" in your hairs. I guess it would look a little funny on me, but who knows! I have one eye shadow that looks shimmery in the palette but is completely matte on the lid. ELF isn't that expensive so I think it wouldn't hurt to try it out. And if it doesn't work, you can still use it as a "normal" eyeshadow, on your eyes. =)
      Btw, I always love long comments, so keep 'em coming! :D
      So thank youuu =)
      Lena

      Delete