Tuesday, June 25, 2013

You Don't Have to Be A Baby to Use Baby Wipes!



Hi everyone! =)

I hope the title of this article made you smile a bit :D

I've been wanting to write an article about baby wipes for a long time. I think I'm not bringing anything new into the world, but I know I myself started using baby wipes only around a year ago, so if you haven't discovered their magic yet, let me tell you about some ways that I know of how you can use them =)

Removing Your Makeup
I'v heard a lot of girls use this as the "lazier" form of makeup remover. It's convenient, you don't need a bottle of a makeup remover and the remover pads, you have one thing that does it all. To be honest, this is not what I personally like to do. I've tried a lot of different baby wipes and I always found them too harsh for my face. If you like to wear a lot of mascara, I probably wouldn't really recommend dragging a wipe around your eyes to get rid of aaaaall that mascara. But if you run out of your makeup remover, it's better than nothing! =)


Clean Your Brushes
I love using baby wipes as a temporary/quick brush cleaner. Sometimes, when I need one brush for more than one color in one makeup look, I'd quickly clean the brush with the wipe and then let it dry, which doesn't take long.

Clean Your Mess
I believe that I'm not the only one who sometimes leaves a mess on the table after applying my makeup. I'm always joking with my mum that "yes, that's cocaine", when she founds white powder on my desk :D Whether it's fallout or whatever, using some sort of a moist cloth can be a lot harder to clean (black eyeliner... :D) and then you need to clean the cloth from all that mess. Baby wipes are disposable, and since they are able to remove your makeup on your face, they will definitely do a great job on the table, on the floor, wherever. I always use one baby wipe in the morning after I do my makeup to clean my hand (which is like a palette for me :D) and then I flip it to the other side and clean my table.

Clean Your Shoes!
This one is one of my favorites :D Dusty / dirty shoes? Not a problem :D I mean yea, depending on the material your shoes are made of, but I pretty much clean all of my shoes with baby wipes because it just works sooo much better than water. I love to clean my boots with it, if there are any Steel boots owners, have you tried this yet? =) I love doing this. Again, wipes are disposable, you don't have to worry about cleaning the cloth after you clean your shoes.


Festivals!
Baby wipes are your huge friend on festivals. If you've been to a festival where you lived in a tent, you know how EVERYTHING gets dirty. I actually discovered the secret to clean shoes on a festival a few years back, so I always bring baby wipes =)


Once you start using them, you'll see how helpful they are and they certainly are one of the things I repurchase everytime I'm running out. They are a great, versatile helpers even if you're not all that into makeup. You can still clean your hands with it if nothing else =)

How do YOU use your makeup wipes? =) Tell me in the comments.

My next makeup tutorial should be up soon, maybe tomorrow if I manage to record voiceover for it tonight =)
Have a lovely evening!
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment