Wednesday, March 12, 2014

FIRST IMPRESSIONS / REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Schauma Cotton Fresh Dry Shampoo


Hi everyone =)

I'ts time for another first impressions blogpost. This time I'm going to tell you about a drugstore dry shampoo by Schauma.

There isn't a huge variety in our drugstores when it comes to dry shampoos. I recently got back into dry shampoos because I can't wash my hair too often if I don't want my hair color to wash out. Right before I sat down and decided to write this post, I was touching up my fringe because that's what gets greasier the fastest. I decided to try this one by Schauma because I am running out of my Lee Stafford so I wanted to see if Schauma could be a cheaper alternative or if it's just another cheap crap.

WHAT DOES THE PRODUCT SAY:
It says it gives the hair one more day without having to wash it and it's suitable for normal and oily hair.
Then there's a "warning" that you have to shake it up very well before using as well as in between sprays. Oh yes, and you get 150 ml of product, which is pretty standard with dry shampoos.

PERFORMANCE:
So, I shook it up very well because I hate getting that white cast all over my hair. I started spraying and felt sort of like too much product was leaving the bottle with every spray.. After a few sprays it gave me the purest white spray. So I started shaking it up very well again and this happened:
I mean c'mooon... The few sprays that I did, that didn't give me white hair, weren't as awesome as with my Lee Stafford. I finished touching it up with that one because it was just too frustrating..

HOW DOES IT FEEL:
Well, to mention the smell. It has that typical citrus-y smell as most of the cheaper drugstore dry shampoos have. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of that. I used to use a dry shampoo by Syoss with this smell and I got sick of it after a very short time.
So, as far as the white cast goes.. I was shocked that it was SO white and even after shaking it well. I seriously did very gentle and short sprays but it was impossible to get less product from it (and I think that's why it got so white).

SO TO SUM UP:
+ price: it is very cheap, and I've heard it works for other people so if you can make it work, this would make the perfect dry shampoo - very affordable and convenient since it's a drugstore product
+ packaging: the other cheap dry shampoos in the drugstore usually have more of an elongated shape even though they hold around 150 ml of product, this one is more rounded so it's smaller and so it can be more convenient to throw in your purse for touch-ups during the day if you need that.
- white...not cast but hair.. No dry shampoo gave me literally white hair with one gentle spray..
- smell: this doesn't necessarily have to be a downside if you don't mind this smell, I personally do mind.

Have you tried this? Or do you use other dry shampoos? Tell me in the comments =)
Have a lovely day.
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment