Friday, July 19, 2013

Tribute to TALIA JOY: Candy Cane Eyes [MAKEUP TUTORIAL]


Hi everyone.

Today I'm here with a very special video.
I decided to do a look inspired by the beautiful Talia Joy Castelano, known as taliajoy18 on youtube. She did a tutorial of this candy cane inspired makeup look and I decided to film this video as a tribute.

If you don't know Talia, she was an amazing makeup artist, a youtube guru, a CoverGirl and so much more. She accomplished a lot in her very short life (she was going to turn 14 this August). She inspired millions of people throughout the whole world. For a 13-year-old, her makeup skills were just fabulous. Maybe you think it's a little tacky, such a little girl wearing so much makeup. But Talia didn't want to wear wigs when she lost her hair, she said it didn't feel like "her", and when she put on makeup, it felt right. She also said that when she would wear makeup, people would look at her makeup, and not at her bald head. And I totally understand this approach. Talia was working on her own fashion and makeup line. Her sister, who uploaded a video about her passing away on her youtube channel, said that she is going to make that happen for Talia even though she is no longer with us. If you're interested in more about this brave little girl, check out her youtube channel: www.youtube.com/taliajoy18 or her official website http://angelsfortalia.com/ or this link http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/07/17/talia-joy-castellano-family-today-show-cancer-death/

To be honest, I wasn't one of Talia's subscribers. I remember clicking on few of her videos from time to time.. Then, probably at the beginning of July, I saw someone from the youtube community post on facebook about Talia being in a hospital and not feeling too great. I started going through some posts on her facebook page where there were updates and I went back there almost every day to find out more. Then on Tuesday I read a post that Talia didn't make it. :( It made me really sad, I was only getting to know that little girl. I went through more of her videos and I intend to watch everything she posted to youtube. That's when I found her funky, colorful candy cane eyes makeup tutorial and I decided to film a tutorial in her honor. To prove that she will continue to inspire people.
She was a brave fighter and she lived a full life. Probably fuller than others ever will and she brought so much to the world.
Go and check out some of Talia's wonderful work!


THE LIST OF PRODUCTS
bronwn eyeshadow - 88 warm palette
the rest of the eyeshadows (except for the highlight under the brows) - 120 palette
Sephora mono eyeshadow in porcelain
essence liquid ink eyeliner
Kryolan Supracolor in White


>>WATCH TALIA'S TUTORIAL<<


MORE PHOTOS OF MY LOOK:





Thanks for watching and reading.
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment