Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wands And Lashes


Hey everyone! =)

Mascara is probably one of the first products we try as girls when we start wearing makeup. And no wonder. It makes your eyes more visible by darkening the lashes and once we learned how to work with it, it made our eyes more open and beautiful.

Mascara does a lot and it can be very hard to find one that fits you. It isn't like an eyeshadow, it looks the same on everyone (when applied the same way). One doesn't fit everyone. It all depends on your natural lashes. Whether they are thick or thin, easy to work with or stubborn, naturally long and curled or straight and short. I think everyone can have glamorous lashes. You just probably need to devote more time when it comes to searching for the one that's going to make that happen for you.

As I mentioned in my previous articles, I'm a student and if you look at the articles with the list of products I used in a tutorial, majority of them comes from a drugstore. I have to say, regarding mascaras, I don't really feel like investing a lot of money into a mascara that I have no idea if is going to work for me. It may have tons of awesome reviews but it's impossible for everyone to like one product. I heard only positive stuff on the Maybelline Falsies Mascara, and a few days ago I saw a video on youtube where someone said they didn't like it. Falsies cost 10 dollars where I live and for me personally 10 dollars is a lot if I'm not going to end up liking it. The thing is, my lashes usually work the best with a rubber-like applicator with stiff bristles that separates the lashes beautifully (like the Oriflame one on the pic below). And the Falsies don't have that, that's why I'm a little afraid it won't work for me (or maybe I'd be very surprised).

My all time favorite mascara is one by Oriflame, called WonderLash (pic on the left). The only problem I have with it is a huge one - getting it. It's full price is around 8 euros but they always have it in some catalogs on sale for 3-4 euros which is an amazing price for a mascara that works for you. But I hate that I can't come somewhere and buy just the mascara and leave. If you don't order stuff from Oriflame catalog in a certain amount of money (points rather - every product is worth some amount of points according to its price) you have to pay service charge. And what's the point if I end up paying maybe almost twice the price of it.. This is one of the reasons I stopped ordering stuff from there.

So I'm still on a look for a substitute. A drugstore substitute. Something affordable.

I decided to do small reviews on drugstore mascaras and I think I'll make a video about it, once I try more of them (maybe I'll even try the Falsies because I really am tempted! :D).

I have one unedited tutorial, I filmed it in quite a hurry though, so I have no idea if it's going to be worth editing and uploading. Stay tuned! =)
Lena


No comments:

Post a Comment