Thursday, January 23, 2014

FIRST IMPRESSIONS / REVIEW: L'Oreal Sublime Soft Micellar Water


Hi everyone =)

This is the very first time I'm doing a first impressions post =) Today I bought the L'Oreal Sublime Soft Pure Micellar Cleansing Water and decided to remove my makeup with it tonight so let me tell you about my first experience with it =)

WHAT DOES THE PRODUCT SAY:
So. When you look at the bottle, it says that it is 3 in 1 = it removes makeup, cleanses and soothes the skin. It's a micellar lotion, has no perfume and is suitable for dry and sensitive skin. The product has no color as well. It also says that you can use it on a cotton pad twice a day, morning and evening.

My current makeup remover is also a micellar solution so I expected something similar.

PERFORMANCE:
So, I wasn't wearing too much makeup, just foundation, powder, purple and black eyeliner around my eyes and mascara. Now, I thought that my mascara won't come off that easily. I had on the Benefit They're Real mascara and my Dermacol Micellar Lotion has quite a hard time removing it perfectly because I feel like the mascara is sort of water-resistant.
To my surprise, this product had aboslutely NO diffitulties with my mascara. I was gladly shocked. I had on two rich coats and any makeup remover would have at least a little problem with it. Usually, you expect non oil-based makeup removers not to perform as well but there are always exceptions =)

HOW DOES IT FEEL:
It feels very nice to the skin. It feels very light, refreshing and watery. Since it doesn't contain oils, it literally feels like water. If you're not a fan of having an oily residue on your skin, this could be the prefect product for you. But I know my mum likes an oil based makeup remover because she loves that feeling and says she doesn't feel the need to apply moisturizer after. So it's about your own preference. I personally prefer this type of remover, that feels almost like water.

DUPE?
Around 2 years ago I tried out the Bioderma Sensibio H20 because I heard so many great reviews about it. I think I can say that the L'Oreal one is sort of a "dupe" of the Bioderma one. You can get it in the drugstore and is more affordable. You get 200 ml of L'Oreal for around 4 euros and you get 500 ml of Bioderma for around 13 euros. If you think about it the Bioderma isn't that much more expensive but if you don't feel like committing to half a liter of a product, the L'Oreal one is the perfect option.


WHAT I FOUND OUT:

So to sum it up:

+ removes even stubborn/water-resistant makeup
+ feels very refreshing
+ skin care for the lazy: you can use it also as a cleanser, not just makeup remover without rinsing anything out
+ not expensive (to my surprise)
+ the results can be compared to Bioderma Sensibio H20


Hope you liked this first impressions post =) Have you tried this product? What do you think about it? Tell me in the comments =)
Have great day,
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment