Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rewind Saturdays - Visual Deception: Longer Looking Lashes



Hi everyone =)

I decided I'd transfer some of the articles from my old blog here. There are several articles that I still like and writing something almost the same doesn't really make sense since I already wrote something on that matter =) I'd like to do this every Saturday =)

I want to start with an article that got the most views, from my Visual Deception series - "Longer Looking lashes". I originally posted this on November 12, 2011.

So here you go:


Long eyelashes without using fake ones.. Who doesn't want those?

Do you have naturally quite long lashes but they get kinds lot after you put on your eye make up?
Let me show you a little trick how you can help your eyelashes look longer.
This article is going to be mostly helpful for those who are eyeliner lovers and line their eyes on daily basis.

Look at this picture:

Now take a look at this one: 

The eyelashes are much more visible on the second one. You can see that this was taken on the same day, that I did not change anything about the lashes.

If you really need your eyelashes to be dominant in your look the solution is very simple - draw a thiner line with your eyeliner.
There is another solution but it takes up some time and who has that in the morning? =) You can apply more coats of mascara if that improves your lashes. And more coats means let what you've applied on your lashes dry and work like that again. But everybody's eyelashes are different so applying more coats may even make them look worse.


I hope you enjoyed this quick tip =)

Have a nice night,
Lena

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I’d also like to share a quick tip with you. If you want to keep your eyeliner thick and have visible lashes at the same time, try using a liner in a different colour. You know those shades that are still quite dark but not pitch black, such as grey, brown, dark green/blue/purple... These are almost as dramatic as black and not too bright or colourful. Your black lashes will create a subtle contrast with the eyeliner and will stand out a bit more.

    Ida
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ida! =) Thanks for the comment, it is a great tip! =) However, it's not too suitable for me because I'm too obsessed with my black liquid liner :D But I found a way how to work with it, fortunately I have sort of good lashes so I can still make them visible with a thicker line.

      Delete
    2. Haha :) I understand. Black liner is irreplaceable!

      Delete