Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rewind Saturday (on Sunday): New Year's Eve - Is It Really THAT Special?

Alright, here's another old article from my previous blog. I wrote this almost exactly one year ago, on 31st December 2011 (but probably during the night because at the end I wrote I hope you have a great party tomorrow :D). Hope you enjoy =)
Oh yea, and I'm not going anywhere this NYE.. I'm still sick (but a lot better) and I'm still taking medication so I'd be afraid I'll fall ill again.. Oh well, I'm spending NYE with Russian textbooks :D
Okay enough complaining, here's the article:



I wanted to say just a few words, again, about all the fuss around New Year's Eve. I know it is somewhat more special night than the other ones, alright, but it's kinda overrated, don't you think?

Let me talk about the "makeup side" of this story. This is a great time for all the YouTube gurus to get more visible because every girl wants to look all glamorous for the NYE and they search for NYE makeup tutorials around these days. I did it myself, I'm not saying that's bad =) But if you watch the videos, a lot of the makeup looks the famous gurus come up with, it's just a regular party look. So if you're searching for an inspiration for NYE, look up party makeup, sometimes those tutorials are even more interesting than the NYE ones... But the thing I wanted to talk about the most - all the gurus emphasize one thing - "you want your makeup to last throughout the whole night!" and tell you extra extra tips how to achieve that. That's alright too. But... Is it just me or.. Don't you ever, guys, go out during the year? Every one, once in a while, goes to a party where a long-lasting makeup is a must. So why do we treat NYE like some kind of a special event where your focus on long-lasting makeup should be greater than other times? The night lasts the same amount of time.

I don't mean to be bitchy or anything =) Just expressing my opinion. Because honestly, tomorrow I feel like I'm going to a party with my friends like during the year. Yes, there's definitely going to be a countdown but I don't care. I'm going to have fun with my friends like we always do when we get together. I get it that girls usually dress and do their make up differently, but do we really need to focus so much on that topic of everlasting makeup?

 Alright, I'm not going to bore you with more of my babbling :D
 Have a great party tomorrow, enjoy yourself and hopefully your make up will not crease or anything! :D



Thanks for reading, I think I'll be able to upload tomorrow so definitely stay tuned for that, subscribe to my youtube channel, you can also follow me on facebook and twitter.
Bye! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment