Sunday, May 11, 2014

REVIEW: Catrice Multi Color Blush in Strawberry Frappucino


Hey everyone,

and welcome to another review! =)
This time I'd like to take a moment and talk about a blush by catrice cosmetics. I've fallen in love with their makeup products recently and so I decided to tell you about some of my new finds, starting with this one =)

I've never owned a multi colored blush before so I was really curious to try this one out!

WHAT DOES THE PRODUCTS SAY:
Before I get into what's written on the packaging, I'd like to say just how pretty catrite's packaging is. For a brand that has comparable prices with essence cosmetics, it looks way more "expensive" because it's so sleek and nice.
So. On the back, it says: "Soft blush in harmonious colours - for the exceptional glow and a radiant finish."

HOW MUCH DO YOU GET?
You get 8 g / 0.28 oz for around 105 CZK, which is around $5.20, which is an awesome price.

PERFORMANCE:
My initial worry was that the product would be too pigmented. I tried catrice's Defining Blush and it is very nicely pigmented! With multi colored blush, you have to swirl your brush around in it so I was worried it would pick up too much color and I'll end up looking like a clown. This one is less pigmented but that's good in this case!
Since you get 4 colors, you can actually get a contour, blush and a highlight out of it. If you only mix the two darkest colors, you can contour your face with it ... There are so many ways how you can use this product. You don't just have to mix them all together. But for me, that's what I do most of the times. But it's a very subtle pinky/strawberry color and since it's not too pigmented so it's hard to overdo it. Big thumbs up for this beautiful little product by catrice! ^_^ Also, this doesn't really have any shimmer in it. I personally prefer that. It has some sheen to it, so it's not going to make you look flat or anything.
The blush blends very well into the skin and since it's not so super pigmented, if you're new to blush, you'll find working with this product very easy.
My camera washes out colors so you can't even see it there :/ But it shows up very nice in real life.



SO TO SUM IT UP:
+ affordable, drugstore product
+ good color payoff but it's not too pigmented that you would overdo it
+ you can use it as a highlighter, blush, contour prouduct
+ easy to work with
+ suitable even for beginners
+ very nice packaging (as all catrice products have)
+ no shimmer (I personally find it as a plus, because finding a non shimmery blush in the drugstore can be hard sometimes)

Okay so that's it for this review, I hope you found it helpful! ^_^ Have you tried this blush? Or any other products by catrice? Tell me in the comments =)
Have a good night,
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment