Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review & Preview: Drugstore Mascaras - Maybelline One by One Volum' Express


Hey everyone!
I'm here with a new series that I'm starting on my channel. It's called Review & Preview and as you can tell by the name of it, I'll be doing a small review about a product, so I'll tell you what I think about it and I'll also show you how I use it.
I decided to start first with drugstore mascaras. There's a huge variety of mascaras in the drugstores. Good, bad ones, cheap, expensive ones. But it's not a rule that a cheap mascara has to be bad, or that an expensive one is good.
Mascaras aren't one fit for all. It's the same as with your hair. We all have different hair, so we use different shampoos, conditioners and styling products according to our hair type and needs. Someone's lashes need a wet formula, some need a dry one. It's all about finding what works best for you.
I'm going to show you how different mascaras work on me and I can tell you small tips how to work with them.
I also want to show you, that you don't need to spend 20 or more dollars on a mascara. There are tons of good ones in the drugstore and some people are afraid that if they pay less than 5 dollars, it's definitely going to suck.

Today I'm starting with Maybelline's One by one Volum' Express mascara. I'm currently using it and I'm very satisfied with it. I love the wand because it's rubberized and that's what my lashes like the most. I feel like you can get away with using just this mascara (I usually use 2 mascaras because if you combine two different formulas, you can get a better result, I'm currently using one by one, I do my second coat with Astor's Look Out, and I go back in with the One by one so I separate my lashes even more), because with 2 coats, you can get thicker lashes since you're putting on more product and if you roll the mascara (I show you how I do that in the video) you can lift you lashes so they look longer.


PROS:
- separates lashes awesomely
- gives thickness with second coat
- gives you lenght

CONS:
- price (I know 200 CZK isn't still a bad price for a mascara but if I had to pay full price for it, I'm not sure if I'd get it because I feel like it's sort of a lot if you have no idea if it's going to work for you)
- to get the full/better effect, you need to apply two coats - this can be a a small problem for some girls, I only got into the habit of applying more than one coat just recently because I felt like I was wasting my time or I simply forgot

WOULD I REPURCHASE IT?
Definitely =) (even for pull price now that I know it really works for me)


If you're interested in any other products that you'd like to see a review on, don't hesitate to contact me. I already have a few other mascaras prepared for a review, so if you don't want to miss them out, subscribe to my yt channel =)

Thanks a lot for watching! =) See you next time, bye =)
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment